i think one of the reasons we’re all obsessed with puns is because we grew up with these three:
1. First, recognise that not everyone is like you. We have different likes and dislikes, we want different things, and we all see people and the world in different ways. Hence, it is natural that sometimes people will be upset, offended, or react differently from what we expected. It’s not necessarily personal – it’s more a reflection of the fact that we all are different.
2. Try and leave your emotions aside and objective analyse the situation. Ask yourself: “Is this person’s reaction triggering something me?” It could be that you are over-reacting to a perceived rejection because of previous hurts, put downs and rejections. Alternatively, the other person’s reaction could be more related to what is going on in their life at the time (rather than being a personal rejection of you.)
3. Be alert to over-generalising and over-personalising. For example, look out for the tendency to think things like that “That means I’m a terrible person, and no-one likes me” or “I never do anything right. I always say and do the wrong thing. I’m always going to get it wrong and be rejected by everyone.”
4. Look for friendships and affirmation in other places. It’s wise to have a wide range of friends and acquaintances so that our self-image and self-esteem aren’t tied into how a few key people treat us, or react towards us.
5. Accept that snubs and rejections are part of life. We can’t please all of the people all of the time – we can only please some of the people some of the time. And while it’s wise to check to see if we display certain habits, traits or behaviors that often annoy others (and it is wise to work on changing those), at the end of the day we just have to be ourselves. We can’t spend our lives walking on egg shells, or trying to be someone we were never meant to be.
i did a critterperson meme on my main and like 5 diff people asked for merjolras so i thought i’d do you guys one better than a shitty pencil doodle
“Don’t fuck with a witch.”
Happy International Women’s Day!
(A woman can preach, a woman can work, a woman can fight. A woman can build, can rule, can conquer, can destroy just as much as a man can.)
[sorry if your favorites are not included, I was going mainly for human women, or human-like women. So, no animals in this set. Also there is over 30 gifs. I couldn’t fit them all anyways.]
URGENT MESSAGE: Watch this.
saw something on facebook that really pissed me off because I worked at McDonalds for three years.
I wonder what percentage of people arguing against a minimum wage hike have never worked a fucking minimum-wage job in their life is.
To the bitch who went through drivethrough and got her wrap slightly wrong and decided to then throw it in my (the FRONT register operators) face and call me a flaming cunt while demanding both a refund and a new wrap.
To the burn that myself and multiple other old co-workers have on our upper arm from unsafe tools that aren’t suited to their environment.
To being understaffed on a day when your manager decides to throw a party for customers and only having yourself and one other girl there to run dining, carry out and kitchen operations.
To being told that no matter what it is you’re doing, that it is wrong and you should be doing something else.
Working fast food is terrible, and where I worked it was demeaning and took a toll on me mentally emotionally and physically.
^ everything you said. going to work every day at McDonald’s gave me panic attacks. I would get to every shift half an hour early because it usually took me at least 20 minutes to talk myself out of going home and make myself get out of the car and go inside. my mental health took a huge downturn and I ended up in tears more than once due to rude, downright cruel customers and a manager who was impossible to please and treated everyone like a useable husk of a human who’s only purpose was to cook burgers and stand behind a register. (not to mention that when I got pregnant it was ‘suggested’ I leave since my morning sickness was considered an unsanitary ‘habit.’ go fuck yourself, McDonald’s).
"flip my fucking burger."
it would take a McDonald’s employee over six months to make what the ceo makes in one hour. all it would take to give employees a LIVEABLE wage would be a pay cut for those higher up, or a price hike that exclusively went toward employee pay checks. I don’t know about you, but I’d be fine paying an extra dollar for menu items if it meant McDonald’s and fast food workers didn’t have to fucking kill themselves every day for goddamn pocket change, and if you disagree then please unfollow me ~